A CHUD is a charecterization loosely based on the 80s horror movie where mutated humans lived in the sewer and would come to the surface to feast on their prey, which was us normal humans. For our purposes, a CHUD can be defined as an irrational citizen making threats or allegations against our fellow servicemembers on either the internet, at anti-war protests, in the media, or even in Washington D.C. It's best to keep your eyes open when you are hunting CHUDs, because they can lurk in the comments section of a blog...and they may go unseen.
Some traits of the CHUD:
- referring to our troops as babykillers, warmongers, idiots, etc.
- protests of recruiting stations or protests openly supporting our enemies that target our troops
- newspaper articles deriding military culture as rapists or mongoloids
- ridiculous accusations about U.S. troops killing civilians in Iraq/Afghanistan
- saying that people in the military deserve to be killed/wounded because they signed up for it
- declaring our military leadership as traitorous with unfounded facts
- getting angry with political veterans for their politics (e.g. not liking McCain, even though he is a vet)
- becoming angry about crimes committed in the war zone (e.g. Abu Ghraib)
- not agreeing with the Iraq/Afghanistan war
- getting angry with a milblogger for reasons not necessarily related to being in the military (e.g. LT Nixon, you are a perv)